Welcome to show me cables. Today we’re going to be taking a look at power connectors. The type of connections we’ll be going over are the IEC and NEMA standard connectors frequently found in data centers, offices, and home usage. Let’s start with the IEC connectors. IEC connectors refer to their connections as either an Outlet or an Inlet compared to the standard Male/Female or Plug/Jack. It also uses a number system, in which the odd numbers are Outlets and the even numbers are Inlets. For instance, the C5 connector is an outlet and the C6 is the same form factor, but is an Inlet. C5 and C6 can commonly be found on laptop power supplies, portable projectors, and some desktop computers. C7 and C8 can commonly be found on battery chargers, power supplies, video game consoles and some A/V equipment. These connectors are available in both a polarized and non-polarized version. The key difference being that the polarized connector will have one side squared off. C13 and C14 can commonly be found on desktop computers, monitors, amplifiers, and printers. C15 and C16 can be found on appliances that generate a lot of heat. It has a similar form factor to the C13/14 but with a small notch underneath the ground. They also feature a higher temperature rating, making them ideal for higher draw equipment. C19 and C20 can be found on high power workstations and servers, power supplies, large network routers and power units. Now let’s take a look at the NEMA connectors 1-15 are the 2 pronged power connections found in many older wall outlets that have not been grounded. 5-15 are the 3 pronged power connections found on wall outlets that have been grounded. 5-20 Are similarly formed to the 5-15 but with an additional horizontal blade and are rated for slightly higher amperage. For more information on our products, please contact our customer service department at 888-519-9505. For all your cable and connector needs, choose Show Me Cables.