USB 2.0 A Male to PS/2 Female Adapter
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
USB 2.0 adapters are a great way to quickly change the connection type or gender of an existing USB cable. This adapter has USB 2.0 Type A Male opposite PS/2 Female. Use you older PS/2 style mouse on a newer computer.
- Connector A: USB 2.0 Type A Male
- Connector B: PS/2 Female
- Plastic Body
- Nickel Plated
- Mouse only
This product is designed to work with only mice and will not work with keyboards or other peripherals. If you need to connect a keyboard or other device, please use this part.
Q: What’s the difference between the different USB versions?
- USB 1.1
- Released in 1998
- Specifies max data rates of 12 Mbit/s (Full Speed)
- Mostly used on devices such as keyboards mice joysticks printers scanners.
- Still used by some devices that don't need faster data transfer rates.
- USB 2.0
- Released in 2000
- Specifies max data rates of 480 Mbit/s (Hi-Speed)
- Compatible with USB 1.1 but some hardware designed for USB 2.0 may not work with USB 1.1 host controllers.
- USB 3.0
- Released in 2008
- Specifies max data rates of 5 Gbit/s (SuperSpeed)
- A January 2013 press release from the USB group reveals plans to update USB 3.0 to 10 Gbit/s to put it on par with Thunderbolt by mid-2013.
Q: What if I need to extend my current USB cable past the 16 foot distance limit?
A: Because passive USB cables have a distance limitation you would need an Active Extension Cable to help boost the signal coming from the source.
Q: I'm unsure what USB adapter or connector I need can you help?
A: Please click on the resource tab to see the USB connector graph. This should help identify the correct cable.