Corning Unicam High-Performance Connector, LC - Single-mode - 25 In Organizer Pack - Blue Housing - Blue Boot
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
Quantity Available: 0
Corning Unicam High-Performance Connector, LC, Single-mode - 25 In Organizer Pack - Blue Housing -Blue Boot
Corning UniCam® high-performance connectors offer best-in-class optical performance in a fast, easy field-termination solution.
The lightweight, hand-held installation tool and high-performance precision cleaver virtually eliminate human variability during installation, ensuring terminations are right the first time, every time. Every UniCam® connector is assured to meet the published specification at the time of installation or Corning will replace it.
- Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
- Keyed: No
- Product Type (FOJP): Field-Installable Connectors
- Technology: No-Epoxy/No-Polish
- Boot Color: Blue
- Connector Ferrule Material: Ceramic
- Connector Housing Color: Blue
- Connector Housing Material: Composite
- Design - Connector Type: LC
- Connector Durability: = 0.2 dB change by 500 rematings, FOTP-21
- Nominal Fiber Outer Diameter: 125 µm
- Temperature Cycling: = 0.3 dB IL, -40 to +75C, 21 cycles
- Tensile Strength 900µ Cable (Metric): 4.9 N. change = 0.2 dB. FOTP-6
- Tensile Strength 900µ Cable (US): 1.1 lb. change = 0.2 dB. FOTP-6
- Tensile Strength Jacketed Cable (Metric): 44 N. change = 0.2 dB. FOTP-6
- Tensile Strength Jacketed Cable (US): 11 lb. change = 0.2 dB. FOTP-6
- Insertion Loss, Max_ (Connector): 0.5 dB
- Insertion Loss, Typical (Connector): 0.2 dB
- Polish: UPC
- Reflectance (Connector): = -55 dB
- Temperature - Operation (Metric): -40 C to 75 C exceeding EIA/TIA 568-B.3
- Temperature - Operation (US): -40 F to 167 F exceeding EIA/TIA 568-B.3
What does duplex mean?
Duplex means that there is a set of two connectors on each side of the cable. These are duplex cables.
What are the differences between the fiber connectors?
ST- Uses a push and turn to lock system
SC- Has a molded plug casing with push and pull locking system
LC- Small form factor that resembles an SC connector
MTRJ- Small form factor with a square plastic casing
What is the difference between 50/125 and 62.5/125 fiber?
50/125 can be run further with less loss than 62.5/125 fiber.
What is the the difference between UPC fiber connectors and APC fiber connectors?
UPC stands for Ultra Physical Contact and APC stands for Angled Physical Contact. UPC connectors are finely polished on the ends of the fibers in order to decrease insertion loss and increase return loss (the higher the return loss the better the connection). UPC connectors have a return loss of more than 50dBs. The APC connectors were made to decrease insertion loss and increase the return loss even more. APC connectors have a return loss of more than 60dB. The end face of the APC connector fiber is polished at an 8 degree angle which prevents back reflections that degrade the performance of your system.