Corning Heat-Cure Connector, SC - Single-mode (OS2) - 100 per pack - Blue
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
Quantity Available: 0
Corning Heat-Cure Connector - SC, Single-mode (OS2) - 100 Per Pack - Blue
Corning Cable Systems offers a complete line of heat-cure, epoxy-and-polish connectors for the flexibility to meet any factory termination need. SC connectors are available for both single-mode and multimode applications, and are available with tuned single-mode ferrules for the ultimate in performance
- Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
- Keyed: No
- Product Type (FOJP): Heat Cure Epoxy and Polish Connectors
- Connector Housing Color: Blue
- Connector Housing Material: Thermoplastic
- Design - Connector Type: SC
- Connector Durability: = 0.2 dB change, 500 rengs, FOTP-21
- Temperature Cycling: < 0.3 dB change, -40Celsius to +75Celsius, 21 cycles
- Tensile Strength: = 0.2 dB change, 15 lb, FOTP-6
- Insertion Loss, Typical (Connector): 0.2 dB
- Reflectance (Connector): < -55 dB
What does duplex mean?
Duplex means that there is a set of two connectors on each side of the cable. These are duplex cables.
What are the differences between the fiber connectors?
ST- Uses a push and turn to lock system
SC- Has a molded plug casing with push and pull locking system
LC- Small form factor that resembles an SC connector
MTRJ- Small form factor with a square plastic casing
What is the difference between 50/125 and 62.5/125 fiber?
50/125 can be run further with less loss than 62.5/125 fiber.
What is the the difference between UPC fiber connectors and APC fiber connectors?
UPC stands for Ultra Physical Contact and APC stands for Angled Physical Contact. UPC connectors are finely polished on the ends of the fibers in order to decrease insertion loss and increase return loss (the higher the return loss the better the connection). UPC connectors have a return loss of more than 50dBs. The APC connectors were made to decrease insertion loss and increase the return loss even more. APC connectors have a return loss of more than 60dB. The end face of the APC connector fiber is polished at an 8 degree angle which prevents back reflections that degrade the performance of your system.