HDMI over Dual Cat5e/Cat6 Extender Balun
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
HDMI over Dual Cat5e/Cat6 Signal Extender Balun
The HDMI over Cat5e Extender is a robust solution that extends your HDMI signal up to 50m (164 ft) over two Cat5e UTP patch cables. Driving an HDMI signal over Cat5 allows you to take advantage of your Cat5e cable infrastructure already installed for a cost-effective and reliable in-wall installation. Use where plenum rated cable is required to keep cost down.
- Easy installation with Cat5E or 6 Ethernet cable
- Extend HDMI signal (10.2Gbps) transmissions up to 30m (99 ft) at full HD 1080P, 50m (164 ft) at 1080i
- Useful where only PLENUM in-wall wiring is permitted
- No external power required
- Resolution: 1080p/1080i/720p/576p/480p/576i/480i
- Use two Cat5e or Cat.6 cables (not included)
- HDMI output cable length: max 15m (45 ft)
- Optional Power supply for use with unpowered HDMI ports.
- 30m (99 ft) for 1080p
- 50m (164 ft) for 1080i
For best results use Cat6 cabling.
Q: What is a balun?
A: A balun is a small transformer which converts an audio or video signal from unbalanced to balanced and vice versa (hence the term 'bal*un'). By doing so baluns make the necessary impedance adjustment for audio-visual signal transmission between different wiring systems
Q: Why use a Balun?
A: Sending your audio video and data signals over a Cat5e or Cat6 gives you three big advantages. The first one is that it allows you to carry your signal over an extremely long distance overcoming distance limits of some technologies. The second advantage is that it saves you money. Cat5e/6 is affordable especially in plenum rated spaces which is why it’s the cable of choice for media extension. Thirdly Cat5e/6 cable is easier to run in small conduit and tight in-wall installations.
Q: What is the picture quality when using a balun?
A: The picture will be the as good as the source signal. Baluns are designed to maintain signal quality.
Q: Do I need any special tools to install a balun system?
A: No all of our baluns are plug-and-play. Simply connect both baluns to your equipment and run the cable.