USB 3.0 A Male Solder Connector
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
USB 3.0 A Male SuperSpeed Solder Connectors are a great way to repair or make a custom USB cable. The connector features a 15u gold plated brass contacts. The gold plating resists rust and provides superior electrical connectivity. USB solder connectors will provide dependable data transmission for years to come.
- Connector Type: USB 3.0 Type A Male
- Solder Type
- USB 1.1, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 Compatible
- 15u Gold Plated Contacts
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including phthalates, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Q: What’s the difference between the different USB versions?
- USB 1.1
- Released in 1998
- Specifies max data rates of 12 Mbit/s (Full Speed)
- Mostly used on devices such as keyboards mice joysticks printers scanners.
- Still used by some devices that don't need faster data transfer rates.
- USB 2.0
- Released in 2000
- Specifies max data rates of 480 Mbit/s (Hi-Speed)
- Compatible with USB 1.1 but some hardware designed for USB 2.0 may not work with USB 1.1 host controllers.
- USB 3.0
- Released in 2008
- Specifies max data rates of 5 Gbit/s (SuperSpeed)
- A January 2013 press release from the USB group reveals plans to update USB 3.0 to 10 Gbit/s to put it on par with Thunderbolt by mid-2013.
Q: What if I need to extend my current USB cable past the 16 foot distance limit?
A: Because passive USB cables have a distance limitation you would need an Active Extension Cable to help boost the signal coming from the source.
Q: I'm unsure what USB adapter or connector I need can you help?
A: Please click on the resource tab to see the USB connector graph. This should help identify the correct cable.