F-Type Female to UHF Female Adapter
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
Coax adapters are the perfect way to quickly change the gender or connector type on an already-terminated cable. This nickel-plated coaxial adapter has an F-type female connector opposite a UHF female connector.
- Connector A: F female
- Connector B: UHF female
- Brass body
Q: What is an F connector?
A: An F connector is a 75 Ohm coaxial connector that uses the coaxial cables solid center conductor as a pin.
Q: What is an F connector used for?
A: F connectors are commonly used on television cable television satellite television cable modems VHF & UHF antennas.
Q: What other terminology is used to describe and F connector?
A: Sometimes F connectors are described by a different name. Here are some different terms
- F-56 F-6 (F-56) F-11: These are terms to describe the connector type (F) and the cable that they will terminate on.
- F-61: A panel mount F connector
- F-71: A male to male F adapter
- F-81 A female to female F adapter
Q: What are other terms used for UHF connectors?
A: UHF connectors are also commonly referrred to as amphenol or PL-259 and SO-259 connectors.
- PL-259 is a male UHF connector
- SO-259 is a female UHF connector
Q: What is a UHF connector commonly used for?
A: UHF connectors were formally used in Radar applications but are used more in today's RF applications.