USB 2.0 Type A Female to PS2 Male Adapter
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
USB 2.0 adapters are a great way to quickly change the connection type or gender of an existing USB cable. This adapter has USB 2.0 Type A Male opposite USB 2.0 Micro B Female. Use this adapter to convert your USB mouse to a PS/2 mouse port.
- Connector A: USB 2.0 A Female
- Connector B: PS/2 Male
- Plastic Body
- Nickel Plated
- Mouse only
Q: What’s the difference between the different USB versions?
- USB 1.1
- Released in 1998
- Specifies max data rates of 12 Mbit/s (Full Speed)
- Mostly used on devices such as keyboards mice joysticks printers scanners.
- Still used by some devices that don't need faster data transfer rates.
- USB 2.0
- Released in 2000
- Specifies max data rates of 480 Mbit/s (Hi-Speed)
- Compatible with USB 1.1 but some hardware designed for USB 2.0 may not work with USB 1.1 host controllers.
- USB 3.0
- Released in 2008
- Specifies max data rates of 5 Gbit/s (SuperSpeed)
- A January 2013 press release from the USB group reveals plans to update USB 3.0 to 10 Gbit/s to put it on par with Thunderbolt by mid-2013.
Q: What if I need to extend my current USB cable past the 16 foot distance limit?
A: Because passive USB cables have a distance limitation you would need an Active Extension Cable to help boost the signal coming from the source.
Q: I'm unsure what USB adapter or connector I need can you help?
A: Please click on the resource tab to see the USB connector graph. This should help identify the correct cable.
USB Connector Guide
USB 2.0 A Male
Commonly plugged into the USB port on a computer
USB 2.0 A Female
Commonly used for extending the length of an existing USB cable. USB A Male is able to plug into this connector
USB 2.0 B Male
Commonly used on a printer external hard drive and other USB Devices
|USB 2.0 Micro Male|
Commonly used on new smartphones and other USB devices
USB 2.0 Mini Male
Commonly used on cell phones digital cameras and GPS devices
USB 2.0 Mini Female
Commonly used to extend the length of an existing USB mini cable
USB 3.0 A Male
Commonly used on USB 3.0 devices
USB 3.0 B Male
Commonly used on USB 3.0 printers and other USB devices
USB 3.0 Micro
|Commonly used on USB 3.0 hubs and other devices|