DVI-D Male to DVI-D Male Dual-Link Cable
DVI-D Dual-Link Cable - 1 Meter DVI-D Male to Male Cable
The DVI-D Dual-link digital-cable delivers high-speed digital transmission of up to 9.9 Gbps. It has large thumbscrews which make it easy to install. The cable’s 24K gold-plated contacts provide excellent connectivity and longevity. Internally, the Tri-shielding reduces cross talk and interference. DVI-D Dual-Link cables will support a resolution of up to 2048 x 1536.
- Connector A: DVI-D Dual-link Male
- Connector B: DVI-D Dual-link Male
- Resolutions up to 2048 x 1536
- High speed transmission up to 9.9Gbps
- Supports digital signals
- Supports hot plugging of DVI display devices
- PC and Mac compatible
- Compatible with flat panel displays, digital CRT displays, projectors, and HDTV
- Meets DVI DDWG Standard
Please note that DVI does not support audio. A separate audio cable will need to be run if needed.
Q: What is DVI?
A: DVI stands for Digital Visual Interface. DVI was developed by the industry body DDWG (the Data Display Working Group) to send digital or analog information from a computer to a display such as a flat-panel LCD monitor.
Q: What is the difference between DVI-A DVI-D and DVI-I?
- DVI-A – The “A" stands for analog which it supports analog DVI signal
- DVI-D – The “D" stands for digital which it supports digital DVI signal
- DVI-I – The “I" stands for intergraded which it supports both analog and digital DVI signals
Q: What is the difference between dual link and single link?
A: DVI sends a digital signal between devices. A single link cable sends one at a time while a dual link can send two. This effectively allows double the data flow and allows such benefits like larger screen resolutions
Q: What does Plenum rated mean?
A: Plenum is a rating that is given to cables that have passed a stringent burn test and are able to be run through plenum air spaces. Plenum air spaces include drop ceilings and non-ducted HVAC air returns.