F-Type Female Chassis Mount Connector with Nut & Washer
|Quantity Discount Pricing|
An F-Type connector is a connector that is used on many types of coaxial cable. F-Type connectors are commonly used in video, data, and telephone applications. It is often found on the backs of TV's. This chassis mount comes with a nut and washer.
- Chassis mount
- Nickel plated connector
- Nut and washer included
Let ShowMeCables do it for you. Our custom cables are professionally built, have quick turn-arounds and there is no minimum order requirement. Design your cable online, or contact our sales department for a quote.
Q: What is an F connector?
A: An F connector is a 75 Ohm coaxial connector that uses the coaxial cables solid center conductor as a pin.
Q: What is an F connector used for?
A: F connectors are commonly used on television cable television satellite television cable modems VHF & UHF antennas.
Q: What other terminology is used to describe and F connector?
A: Sometimes F connectors are described by a different name. Here are some different terms
- F-56 F-6 (F-56) F-11: These are terms to describe the connector type (F) and the cable that they will terminate on.
- F-61: A panel mount F connector
- F-71: A male to male F adapter
- F-81 A female to female F adapter
Q: What are the different types of F Connectors?
A: The 3 main types of F connectors are:
- Compression: Compression connectors give the best connectivity and are waterproof. A compression tool is required for termination.
- Crimp: Crimp connectors are more commonly used because of their low cost as well of ease of termination. Crimp connectors come with an attached or separate crimp ring. These are not waterproof and should be used indoors. Crimp connectors require a crimp tool for termination.
- Twist on: Twist on connectors are the easiest to terminate. Twist on connectors are threaded on to the out jacket of a coaxial cable. These are not waterproof and should be used indoors. Tools are not required for termination of the twist on style.