1/4 IN Stereo Female to 1/4 IN Mono Male Adapter

Part no. 963

Plastic Body | Nickel Plated | Change the Connector Type

(1 reviews)
Quantity Discount Pricing
1-4 5-9 10-49 50-99 100+
$1.40 $1.19 $1.12 $1.05 $0.98
Quantity Discount Pricing
1 - 4 5 - 9 10 - 49 50 - 99 100+
$1.40 $1.19 $1.12 $1.05 $0.98

¼ inch adapters are commonly used for headphones, amplifiers, instruments, speakers, and much more. This adapter is ¼ inch stereo female to ¼ inch mono male.


  • Connector 1: 1/4" TRS (stereo) jack (female)
  • Connector 2: 1/4" TRS (Mono) plug (Male)
  • Nickel plated
  • Plastic handle
Features & Specs
Connector A: Type of Connector on Side A of the adapter? 1/4" Stereo Male
Connector B: Type of Connector on Side B of the adapter? 1/4" Stereo Female
Form factor The form factor of this connector? Straight
Gender The gender of this connector? Male to Female
REVIEW SUMMARY for 1/4 IN Stereo Female to 1/4 IN Mono Male Adapter
5.0 (based on 1 reviews)
  • Hard to find adapter

    Reviewed by:


    5/11/2016    #21889

    PROS: The product works really well; Faster than I expected
    CONS: None specified
    Hard to find 1/4" plug adapter in stock, delivered on time as advertised. Good experience... recommend.

Q: What does TS mean? What is a TS connector used for?

A: TS is the abbreviation for “Tip, Sleeve” and refers to a specific type of 1/4″ connector that is set up for 2-conductor, unbalanced operation. One insulator ring separates the tip and sleeve. The tip is generally considered the “hot,” or the carrier of the signal, while the sleeve is where the ground or shield is connected. TS cables are best known as guitar or line-level instrument cables.

Q: What does TRS mean? What is a TRS connector used for?

A: TRS is the abbreviation for “Tip, Ring, Sleeve.” It looks like a standard 1/4″ plug but with an extra “ring” on its shaft. TRS cables have two conductors plus a ground (shield). TRS connectors are commonly used to connect balanced equipment or for running both left and right mono signals to stereo headphones.

Q: Why is a ¼” connector sometimes called a “phone plug”?

A: The original 1⁄4 in (6.35 mm) version dates from 1878, when it was used for manual telephone exchanges, making it possibly the oldest electrical connector standard still in use. It was used for years by telephone operators to patch telephone connections together.

Credit Cards